SeaWorld Class Action Rebates
- Check out all the gritty details associated with the class action lawsuit pending in the Superior Court for the State of California in and for the County of Imperial entitled Diaz, et al. v. SeaWorld Entertainment Inc., et al.,
- SeaWorldFactaClassAction.com is administered by Simpluris Inc.
- The lawsuit is cited as case number ECU10046
Class members in the case contend that SeaWorld violated the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA) when SeaWorld customer receipts showed the customers credit and/or debit cards expiration dates. Class members in the case are defined as anyone in the US who had a electronically printed receipt at a point of sale or transaction at SeaWorld between March 28, 2013 and April 1, 2017 and the receipt shows the expiration date of their credit or debit card.
SeaWorld denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle in order to avoid further litigation. Class members in the case may receive $25 for Class Members who submit proof of receipt or two concession certificates with a total value of up to $9.50 (up to $4.75 per certificate).
- Experts close to the case estimate that 1.3 million receipts were printed with an expiration date
- Proof of purchase is not required in order to obtain the settlement rebate
- The settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 3/29/2018
Class members looking to contact the class administrator can write to SeaWorld FACTA Settlement Administrator
c/o Simpluris Inc., P.O. Box 26170, Santa Ana, CA 92799 or dial toll free 888-427-9239. Class members can also send an email to SeaWorldFACTACase@simpluris.com.
Class members who file valid claims by 3/6/2018 will be represented by Kenneth S. Gaines, Daniel F. Gaines, and Alex P. Katofsky from the law firm of GAINES & GAINES APLC.
SeaWorld Entertainment Inc. will be represented by Robert H. Platt and Adrianne Marshack from the law firm of MANATT PHELPS & PHILLIPS.
- SeaWorld Class Action Claim Form
Brinker TCPA Class Action Lawsuit
- Class members can claim a $90 voucher or $40 cash from the class action lawsuit Brinker, et al. v. Normandin’s, et al.,
- BrinkerTCPASettlement.com is administered by KCC Settlement Administrator
- All claim forms must be filed before 2/13/18
Class members in the case contend that Normandin’s d/b/a Normandin’s Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram and OneCommand Inc. violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by making phone calls using a prerecorded messages without gaining the cornet of the customers.
Class members are defined as “All persons who owned one or more of the 8,313 cellular telephone numbers to which calls were placed by OneCommand on Normandin’s behalf on or after October 16, 2013, through the alleged use of any automatic telephone dialing system or with an artificial or prerecorded voice, which calls allegedly were not made for emergency purposes or with the recipient’s prior express consent” – BrinkerTCPASettlement.com
The Brinker TCPA class action is under review in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, San Jose Division and is cited as case number 5:14-cv-03007-EJD.
- Class members who file timely claims should receive $40 cash or a $90 voucher
- Class members will need the Claim ID or PIN Code from the settlement notification in order to file a claim
- The settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 3/29/2018
- Normandin’s has hired Andrew V. Stearns and Robert B. Robards to represent their interest in court
Any questions in regards to the Brinker TCPA class action lawsuit can be directed to toll free 866-652-8142 or class members looking to reach out via mail can write to: Normandin’s Settlement, c/o KCC Settlement Administrator, P.O. Box 404017, Louisville, KY 40233-4017.
Class members who file valid claims will be represented by Beth E. Terrell from the law firm of TERRELL MARSHALL LAW GROUP PLLC and Steven M. Tindall from the high-flying law firm of GIBBS LAW GROUP LLP.
- Access a myPay account online
- MyPay.dfas.mil/retiredmilitary is managed by the Department of Finance and Accounting Services
- Requires a Login ID and internet access
The myPay service can be accessed from most smart devices and is designed for active duty military and retired personnel. Those who are new to the service will have to go through a short registration process in which they will have to provide a temporary ID and a SSN before gaining access.
- Required for all retirees
- A valid email address is required upon sign up
- The user will be required to create a Login ID which can be 6 to 129 digits in length
- Password will expire in 150 days upon non use
Please note myPay has periods of unavailability due to scheduled DFAS pay system maintenance windows, as shown below. All times are Eastern Time.
||Times (Eastern Time)
||Daily (Except Saturday and Sunday)
||12:00 A.M. – 1:00 A.M.
|All Marine Corps
||Every Friday for LES and W-2
||10:00 P.M.- 4:00 A.M. (SAT.)
||Every Friday for Transactions
||11:00 P.M.-8:00 A.M. (SAT.)
Soldiers or retirees can use the Internet to access myPay at:
Any questions in regards to the service can be directed to a US based customer service agent at 1-888-DFAS411 or 1-888-332-7411, or call commercial at (216) 522-5096.
XPOTCPA Class Action Settlement
- Obtain more information in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Leung, et al. v. XPO Logistics, Inc., which is under review in the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division
- XPOTCPASettlement.com is administered by KCC Settlement Administrator
- Cited as Case No. 15-cv-03877
Class members in the case are defined as anyone in the US who received a pre-recorded post-delivery survey call after May 1, 2011 relating to an IKEA delivery, and whose telephone numbers are identified in the call data produced in this litigation bearing the litigation production numbers XPOLG024550 and XPOLG024553. In order to file a claim the class member must have the XPOTCPA Claim ID and the PIN Code from the Settlement Notice which will arrive via US Mail. Those who do not have the claim ID and PIN code will not be able to file a claim.
XPO Logistics, Inc. denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle in order to avoid a long drawn out trial that could cost millions and millions of dollars (more than the agreed upon 7 million dollar settlement).
- The exact amount of money any one class member will receive is not known but experts close to the case predict each class member will receive an estimated $131 – $263
- The settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 3/7/2018
- Class members who are not happy with the 7 million dollar settlement and want to speak will want to attend this hearing
- The lead plaintiff is named Vincent Leung
Aquestions in regards to the XPOTCPA Class Action Settlement can be directed to XPO Logistics, Inc. TCPA, Settlement Administrator c/o KCC Settlement Administrator, P.O. Box 404040, Louisville, KY 40233-9844 or toll free at 1-866-726-1092.
Class members can who are looking to reach out via email can fire it of to TCPAsettlement@keoghlaw.com. All class members who file valid claim will be represented by Keith Keogh, Esq. from the law firm of KEOGH LAW, LTD. XPO Logistics, Inc. has hired E. Clay Marquez from the law firm of O’MELVENY & MYERS LLP.
Target Merchandise Return Card
- Target fan boys will receive a merchandise return card for any approved non-receipted return or return using a gift receipt
- Target.com/MerchadiseReturnCard is operated by Target Brands Inc.
- Please note this card can ONLY be redeemed in store (i.e. not available for online redemption)
The Target Merchandise Return Card can only used at actual Target in store location in order to protect the customer from fraud. The best way to check the balance of the card is by asking the Target employee at the time of check out or check the receipt once the purchase has been made (the balance can be found at the bottom of the Target receipt). The original gift card receipt will also be needed in the ugly event that the card is lost or (even worse) stolen!
The Target Merchandise Card cannot be redeemed on Target.com or for cash or credit (except where required by law). The card value cannot be transferred to another merchandise return card (i.e. Best Buy, Walmart), gift card (Fifth Third Bank) or prepaid card. Card funds do not expire
- The merchandise return card is used for returns only
- This merchandise return card can be redeemed for merchandise or services (other than gift cards and prepaid cards) only at Target Stores
- This merchandise return card can be redeemed for merchandise or services (other than gift cards and prepaid cards) at Target stores
- Those who acquired the card with a Government issued ID may have to present the ID when making a purchase
- Customers are not allowed to reload the card with additional funds
Any questions in regards to the Merchandise Return card can be directed to a customer service agent at 1-800-544-2943. Please note the Merchandise card cannot be redeemed for cash and cannot be transferred to another Target fan boy.
Fifth Third Bank Gift Card
- Access a lucrative Fifth Third Bank prepaid card online
- 53GiftCard.com is managed by Fifth Third Bank and WildCard Systems, Inc
- Please note login to register the Fifth Third Bank prepaid gift card prior to first use
In order to access the card account online the card holder must have the Fifth Third Bank gift card number, last 4 digits of their phone number used at the time of registering the card, and the 3 digit code (this code can be found on the back of the Fifth Third Bank prepaid card).
Please note the Fifth Third Bank gift card will not hurt or improve a credit score and can only be used when making purchases in the US. The Fifth Third Bank Prepaid MasterCard Gift Card carries a fixed cash amount that is determined by the purchaser at the time of purchase (hopefully the gift card receiver has wealthy friends as this will increase the odds of the gift card being worth more money). Please not contrary to popular belief Wells Fargo does not issue this card.
- The gift card cannot be used to obtain cash back when shopping or at an ATM
- Replacement of Fifth Third Bank MasterCard Gift Cards purchased at a Fifth Third Financial Center do not incur a fee
- Card holders who fail to register the Fifth Third Bank Gift Card may not be able to provide a replacement card in the even the card is lost or stolen (so be sure to register the card!)
Any questions in regards to the popular Fifth Third Bank gift card can be directed to an award-winning customer service agent at 1-866-466-0059 24 hours a day 7 days a week or those looking to reach out via mail can write to: Fifth Third Bank Gift Card Services, P.O. Box 550550, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33555-0550. Fees associated with the card will vary and the card holder should consult the terms and conditions page associated with their gift card.