- Access Direct Online Payment to the Alabama Judicial System
- Used to pay down state traffic tickets and criminal fines
- Operated by On-Line Information Services, Inc with the state of Alabama
In order to pay a traffic ticket online using ALA Pay the offender will need to provide the UTC number and their date of birth. The UTC number can be found in the upper right corner of ticket. Those looking to pay a fine in regards to a District Criminal Case with an outstanding balance will need to provide their case number and SSN (the offenders DOB can be used in lieu of a SSN). It should be noted that those who use the ALA Pay online service will be charged a bothersome 4% convenience fee (those looking to avoid this costly fee can always pay without a convenience fee with cash or money order in person at the respective court house or with a money order through the mail). When making a payment using the ALA Pay service the user authorizes the State of Alabama to collect the fine and as such a refund is not allowed.
Disputes in regards to the ALA Pay service?
- Any disputes concerning charge errors should be directed to On-Line Information Services, Inc. d/b/a AlaPay.com at 877-799-9898 (toll-free)
- Or by mail to P.O. Box 8147, Mobile, AL 36689-0147
Any questions in regards to a traffic ticket or criminal fine please call the Alabama Traffic Service Center at 866-954-9399 or visit 866-954-9399. For questions in regards to making a credit card payment via ALA Pay please call 251-344-3333 or toll free 877-799-9898 (or email the question to email@example.com). When making a payment online ALA Pay will take all major credit cards (i.e. American Express, Visa, Discover, and MasterCard). The state of Alabama reserves the right to change or cancel this service at anytime in the future without prior notice.
Alaska Air Bag Rules
- Check out Alaska Airlines baggage policy online to include the bothersome rules and costly fees
- Alaska Airlines reserves the right to change or modify any of the rules at anytime
- Customers should ALWAYS check their travel confirmation to determine which airline’s baggage policy applies
The Alaska Air Bag Rules online service requires Internet access and the customer is allowed to print the rules for later viewing. Please note that travel may be solely on Alaska Airlines but can still be subject to another airline’s bag charges in certain circumstances. Standard bag fees for online check-in, at a check-in kiosk, or at any of the Alaska Air airport ticket counters are as follows: $25 for one bag, $25 for the second bag, and $75 for each additional bag (as one can see the price really takes off after the second bag). In some situations (i.e during busy travel times such as Christmas or Thanksgiving) Alaska Air may limited the amount of bags a traveler can bring. Bags are NOT allowed to weigh in at more than 100 pounds and/or exceed 115″ (linear). Bags that weight between 51 to 100 pounds or bags with linear dimension of 63-115″ will be charged 75 bucks.
Alaska Air Bag Rules Notes
- Travelers can check their bag in 4 hours before the flight is set to take off until 1 hour until take off
- Due to restrictions for US Customs pre-clearance, Vancouver (YVR) can only accept bags three hours prior to departure
- Calgary can only accept bag 2 hours prior to take off
- When measuring a bag for dimensions please measure the distance from the floor to the highest point on the top of the bag
Any questions in regards to the Alaska Air Bag rules can be directed to a Alaska Air Cargo customer agent at 1-800-225-2752. Travelers can also dial the award-winning Alaska Airlines Reservations service desk at 1-800-252-7522 to help determine which airline rules and fees apply to their trip.
My Mercy My Bill
- Pay a bothersome Mercy medical bill online
- Mercy offers two type of online bill payment options (QuickPay and MyMercy)
- Only those to whom the statement is addressed will be able to view and pay the bill on MyMercy
The My Mercy My Bill pay service is free to use and offers convenient hassle free options when paying a bill online. All major credit cards (i.e. American Express, Discover, Visa, MasterCard) are accepted and payments can be made 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Any questions about the My Mercy My Bill service can be directed to (855) 420-7900 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday thru Friday (The Mercy My Bill customer service call center is not open on the weekend or Federal Holidays).
My Mercy My Bill Pay Options
- Quick Pay: Allows a user to pay without login in
- MyMercy: Users will have to sign in but will also be able to view account balances online
My FED Loan Trouble Paying
- Apply to lower a Federal student loan payment
- The application should take less than 5 minutes to complete
- People should not wait until they fall behind in their payments before applying for help
The My FED Loan Trouble Paying service is operated by the US Department of Education and the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency. Some people may be eligible to even have their loan debt reduced or eliminated under special circumstances. These special circumstances include those who are employed full-time with a qualifying public service organization or serving as a full-time AmeriCorps or Peace Corps volunteer, people who are teachers, and veterans who are permanent and totally disable due to combat inflicted wounds. Even those who do not meet these special circumstances will still want to apply for a repayment plan or consolidate their loans (those who have multiple federal loans and/or high loan debt will want to consider the My FED Loan Trouble Paying consolidation program.
My Fed Loan Trouble Paying Notes
- Many loan repayment plans are based on income
- Those who miss several loan payments run this risk of default
- Defaulting on a student loan can ruin a persons credit score and make it difficult to buy a home in the future
- The Income-Driven Repayment (IDR) plan is the best option for most people who need help with student loan debt
- Those who are unsure about which option to choose should take the My Fed Loan Trouble Paying Postponing Payments Eligibility Quiz
- Repayment amounts will be based on the persons income, family size (i.e. single, married, married with kids), and other factors such as where in the United States the person in located
The My Fed Loan Trouble Paying web page also provides tips and tricks to help people save money (these tips mostly have common sense information related to budgeting).
Intermountain Web Pay
- Pay a costly medical bill with Intermountain Healthcare online
- Paying a bill should take less than 1 minute
- All major credit cards are accepted (i.e. American Express, Visa, Discover, Mastercard)
- Internet access is required and bills can be paid from most smartphones without an app
- Patients who do not have a credit card can use an e-check to pay a bill
The Intermountain Web Pay service is free to use and returning customers will need their account number plus their PIN in order to pay a bill online. The account number can be found in the patients Intermountain Healthcare billing statement in the top right hand corner and should be 11 digits long (3 numbers then a dash then 8 numbers). The Intermountain Web Pay PIN number can be found on the middle of the billing statement under the words “web pay PIN” (this number will be 6 digits long with no dashes). Those patients who choose to pay a bill online using the e-check method may do so by adding their checking account to the e-check service (the checking account MUST be in good standing in order to use the e-check service). If the patients address has changed they can check the box to indicate an address change on their Intermountain Healthcare billing statement and send it back with a payment if desired. If making a payment by mail simply detach the top portion of the statement and send it with a check for the bill amount.
Login – WebPay Quick Help Notes
- Enter Account Number and PIN as found on the Intermountain Healthcare Bill Statement
- Specify account to pay on and payment method (i.e. $54.67 using a Visa credit card)
- Specify the detail of the payment method
- Complete billing address information
- Review transaction summary, submit, and print receipt (printing a receipt is not required)
The First Support
- The First Support is a service of ProBiller, and lets customers find the details of a charge that is appearing on their bank account or card statement
- Charges that have the name MBI-ProBiller.com are usually from an online entertainment web site, and are usually for a trial offer
- Many web sites that use MBI ProBiller do have recurring subscriptions, so if it’s not canceled, customers may see charges every month from this company
ProBiller handles charge processing for a number of different online and physical retail companies, so people are often confused when they see charges from First Support or ProBiller pop up on their statement. This web site helps customers find out what service or what web site they actually signed up and are being billed for. When customers cancel an account that’s billed from ProBiller, they always receive a confirmation e-mail when the transaction is processed. If this confirmation wasn’t received from ProBiller, it’s likely the account wasn’t canceled yet.
The First Support
- Customers who have been billed by MBI-Probiller and aren’t sure what the charge is for are asked to contact ProBiller at 1-877-239-4057. Service is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to help track down charges that are unknown
- Many times, customers will sign up for one trial and see two $1.00 charges
- This is because on many web sites, signing up for one trial subscription also signs up for another one that’s billed by ProBiller
What is First Support and Pro Biller?
First Support and Pro Biller can provide detailed information to help customers recognize a purchase that is appearing on their credit or debit card statement, can confirm details of a transaction on a credit card when the description that appears does not exactly match the name of the product that was purchased.
Page Plus Bill Pay
- By filling out a form on the Page Plus Bill Pay site, customers can pay their Page Plus Bill online with wireless billing
- Customers can make a one time payment towards their Page Plus account, or they can sign up for recurring Page Plus payment to be made every month
- Any payment made through the Page Plus online payment web site will be applied by the end of the business day it is made
A bill payment made through Page Plus Bill Pay will be applied directly to a Page Plus cell phone number account. To make a payment online, customers just need to enter their Page Plus customer name and Page Plus cell phone number. Then, they’ll be asked to choose how much they want to pay (like the $39.95 Unlimited Talk/Text/Web plan with 3 GB Internet, the $69.95 Unlimited Talk/Text/Web with 7 GB of total Internet, or the $25 Basic Standard Plan).
Page Plus Bill Pay Notes
- Ideal for anyone who wants to save time
- All major credit cards accepted
The easiest option for paying a Page Plus bill online would be to set up automatic payments, where the bill amount is automatically taken from a bank account every month on the due date. With Page Plus automatic payments, customers never have to worry about running out of minutes or having their Page Plus service disconnected again.
More about Page Plus
Page Plus is one of the largest providers of no contract cell phone service in the nation. Page Plus Cellular was founded in 1993 and has their current headquarters in Medley, Florida. The company provides service on the Verizon Wireless mobile network and has over 1.5 million subscribers. Page Plus is usually ranked as one of the best cell phone companies by the Better Business Bureau.
To contact Page Plus headquarters:
- 1615 Timberwolf Dr. Holland, OH 43528