Dollar For Disk Drives
- Obtain more details in regards to the Optical Disk Drive Antitrust class action settlement
- Eligible class members can receive $10 per drive back from a $180 MILLION class action settlement
- No proof of purchase is required and all claim forms must be in by October 30, 2017
DollrsForDiskDrives.com is entitled In re Optical Disk Drive Products Antitrust Litigation and is listed as case number 3:10-MD-2143-RS. Class members contend that the defendants conspired to fix, maintain, or stabilize the prices of ODDs at artificially high levels which is in violation of federal and state antitrust laws.
Class members in the case are defined as anyone who bought a new computer with an internal ODD, a stand-alone ODD designed for internal use in a computer, or an ODD designed to be attached externally to a computer between the dates of April 1, 2003 and December 31, 2008 AND are a resident of Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wisconsin when the purchase was made.
www.DollarForKidsDrives.com Settlement Notes
- The products in question must of been used for personal use and not for resale
- There is not a limit to the number of claims any one individual can make but they must be prepared to testify under under penalty of perjury that they made those purchases if required
- Proof of purchase is not required but again the class member must be prepared to testify under under penalty of perjury that they made those purchases if required (this may happen for large claims)
- The exact amount of money any one settlement member will receive is not known but estimated put the amount at around $10 per drive
- Filing a claim online should take less than 5 minutes
Any questions in regards to DollarsForDiskDrives.com can be directed to the Clerk of the Court for the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, 450 Golden Gate Ave., San Francisco, CA 94102 or simply reach out to the class counsel at Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro (firstname.lastname@example.org).