- Sign up and enroll in the SecureCode service which will give the consumer piece of mind when shopping online
- Mastercard.com/SecureCode is managed by Mastercard Incorporated
- Enrollment will consist of three easy steps
Mastercard SecureCode is billed as a private code for Mastercard account members only that will provide an additional layer of security when shopping online.
In order to start the enrollment process the user will have to provide their card number, click the “SIGN UP” button in order to locates the bank’s website and create a private code, verify the customers ID via providing answers to security questions, provide name, email address, and phone number.
- Takes less than 60 seconds to obtain the code
- An absolute must for consumers who lose sleep at night worrying about credit card fraud
- More than one million online merchants in 122 countries support transactions made with SecureCode
- Once the customer has registered for the service they will have to provide the secure code whenever they make a purchase online
- If the correct code is not entered the purchase will be declined
- Contrary to popular belief Mastercard SecureCode does provides a way for issuers to support Maestro debit transactions online, which enables cross-border transactions with merchants in countries where debit is more established than credit
- Some consumers may feel like the secure code service is overkill and will want to avoid sign up and enrollment (secure code is NOT required in order to use a Mastercard credit card)
- The Mastercard Assistance Center is open 7 days a week 8 am to 6 pm Monday to Sunday
Any questions in regards to the Secure Code service from MASTERCARD can can be directed to a customer service agent at 1 (800) 307-7309. Those who have a questions about a credit card from MasterCard can dial 1 (800) 424-7787. Callers looking to contact a Secure Code agent collect can dial 1-636-722-7111.