MidFlorida Credit Union Overdraft Lawsuit
- A class action lawsuit has been filed against MidFlordia CU citing improper overdraft fees against its members based on those members’ available balance, rather than their actual or ledger balance
- MidFloridaCreditUnionOverdraftClassAction.com is administered by Kurtzman Carson Consultants
- Plaintiff Tracy Fry originally filed this lawsuit all the way back in 2015
The MidFlorida Credit Union Overdraft Lawsuit is entitled Fry v. MidFlorida Credit Union, and is under review in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. Class members in the case are defined as any MidFlorida CU member who were assessed an overdraft fee when the member’s ledger balance was adequate to cover the transaction but their available balance was not between 11/24/10 to 1/15/16. MidFlorida Credit Union denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle in order to avoid a long drawn out trial that could cost millions more than the settlement amount.
- The amount any class member will receive is not known and individual payments will be determined after other costs related to the settlement have been covered
- Listed as case number 8:15-cv-2743-RAL-TGW
- The agreed upon settlement amount accordion to the terms of the settlement is 2.4 million dollars
- A settlement fairness hearing will take place on 2/23/2018 to discuss if the 2.4 million dollar settlement is fair
- Richard D. McCune, Jae K. Kim, and Taras Kick will represent class members who file valid claims
- MidFlorida CU has hired Stuart M. Richter and Andrew J. Demk to represent them in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Any questions in regards to the MidFlordia CU class action lawsuit can be directed to toll free (866) 232-2512 or email info@MidFloridaCreditUnionOverdraftClassAction.com.
Class members looking to file a claim by mail should send it to: Fry v. MidFlorida Credit Union Claims Administrator, c/o Kurtzman Carson Consultants, P.O. Box 404000, Louisville KY, 40233-4000.