My Florida Access
- Allows for state residences to apply for a variety of social services
- Operated by the Florida Department of Children and Families
- Questions about the site can be directed to 866-762-2237
Access Florida provides Food Assistance Program (SNAP), Medical Assistance and Temporary cash assistance for families with children (TANF) for those who qualify. To qualify the user must be a resident of the state of Florida and poor. The ACCESS Florida system allows customers to connect with their public assistance information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through the online application and MyACCESS Account.
Account Access allows a customer to provide the following activities:
- Check the status of an ongoing application
- Schedule an appointment
- Print a temporary Medicaid card
- Update an address and report a change
- Request a replacement Medicaid card
- Check on review notices
- View current case status
How long will it take to complete a case?
- Food assistance applications usually take less than 30 days
- Medicaid and Temporary Cash Assistance applications usually take less than 45 days
If approved for food or cash benefits the customer will receive a EBT card by mail within 14 days. The EBT card mailing will provide instructions on how to use the card once received. Most cases are usually approved for a 6 month or 12 month period and customers will be notified by mail or email alert once it is time for a case review. Customers can expect to receive their Medicaid card in 2 to 3 weeks once they are approved for Medicaid eligibility.
Typically requested documents
- Income statement i.e. pay stubs
- U.S. citizenship documents
- Number of family members
- Net worth and house value
My Florida can be reached by mail at: ACCESS Central Mail Center, P.O. Box 1770, Ocala, FL 34478-1770 OR Find Your Local Office and FAX Numbers. Any EBT can sign up for email alerts that provide news and information about all My Florida benefits.
In October 2008 the Florida USDA Food Stamp Program was changed to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.