Roxana Class Settlement
- Obtain more details in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Jeana Parko, et al. v. Shell Oil Company, et al., which is listed as Case No. 3:12-cv-00336-NJR-PMF
- The lawsuit is pending review in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- All claim forms are due no later than October 16, 2017
RoxanaClassSettlement.com is administered by Rust Consulting Inc. This class action lawsuit revolves around alleged releases of contaminants from the nearby Wood River Refinery by the defendants Shell and ConocoPhillips. Shell and ConocoPhillps deny any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to a 4.83 million dollar settlement in order to avoid th unknown cost of further litigation.
Anyone who owned or occupied real estate in a given area in Roxana between the dates of 1/1/86 to 8/20/17 will want to file a claim in the case. The given area is defined as a 8½-block area within the Village of Roxana, bounded by S. Chaffer Ave., the railroad tracks, S. Central Ave., and the alley between E. 1st St. and E. Tydeman Ave (here is a map of the area). The settlement amount any one class member will receive will be based on how large the property in question is, if the property is commercial or residential, and its assessed value.
- A settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 12/18/17 (class members do not need to attend in order to receive a cut of the nearly 5 million dollar settlement)
- Class members who file timely claims will be represented by Ted N. Gianaris from the law firm of SIMMONS HANLY CONROY LLC
- Class members do not have to pay Mr. Gianaris as he will simply take a percent of the settlement pool
- All claims forms are due by 10/16/17
RoxanaClassSettlement.com Contact Info
- Mail: Parko Litigation Class Settlement, c/o Rust Consulting Inc., PO Box 2570, Faribault, MN 55021-9570
- Phone: 1-866-903-1197
- Email: info@RoxanaClassSettlement.com