SCI Direct Class Action Settlement
- A 15 million dollar settlement has been proposed for those who received unconsented telemarketing calls from Neptune Society
- SCIDirectSettlement.com is managed by Kurtzman Carson Consultants
- Claim forms MUST be filed before 3/14/18
The SCI Direct class action lawsuit is entitled Allard and Strache v. SCI Direct Inc., dba Neptune Society and is under review in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. This class action lawsuit is listed as case number 1:17-cv-04692 and the fairness hearing will take place on or around 2/13/18 to determine of the proposed 15 million settlement is fair.
Plaintiff Linda Allard claims that SCI Direct Inc. violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act when they made bothersome phone calls using a prerecorded outgoing messages to persons who had not given the company prior express written consent.
SCI Direct Inc denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to an eye popping 15 million dollar settlement in order to put this debacle in the past.
Roger that but who are class members?
- The Prerecord Class: “Since October 16, 2013, Plaintiff and all persons within the United States to whose telephone number Defendant SCI Direct, Inc. placed a telephone call using CallFire, Inc.’s calling platform when that call was dispositioned as ‘Answering Machine,’ ‘Live Answer,’ or ‘Do Not Call.’”
- The DNC Class: “Since May 27, 2012, Plaintiff and all persons within the United States to whose telephone number Defendant SCI Direct, Inc. placed (or had placed on its behalf) two or more telephone calls in a 12-month period.”
Any questions in regards to the lawsuit can be directed to Strache v. SCI Direct, Inc. Settlement Administrator, c/o Kurtzman, Carson Consultants, P.O. Box 404039, Louisville, KY 40233-4039 or simply dial 1-855-200-6242.
Class members who file valid claims will be represented by Jeremy Glapion from the law firm of GLAPION LAW FIRM LLC.