Spotify Publishing Class Action Settlement
- Plaintiffs are Melissa Ferrick, Jaco Pastorius, Inc., and Gerencia 360 Publishing, Inc. filed a class action lawsuit against Spotify
- The court has awarded class members with a whooping $43,450,000 settlement pool
- The deadline to file a claim is 06/29/18
SpotifyPublishingSettlement.com is administered by GCG. The Spotify Publishing Class Action Lawsuits claims that class members own copyrights for which registration has been issued or applied for in musical compositions that Spotify made available for interactive streaming and/or limited downloading without a license, and that Spotify did so with respect to other musical compositions owned by others.
Class members in the Spotify Publishing class action lawsuit are defined as:
- First, you must be the owner of the copyright in a musical composition.
- Second, you or someone else must have applied for or received a certificate of registration from the United States Copyright Office on or before June 29, 2017.
- Third, Spotify must have made that musical composition available for interactive streaming and/or limited downloading without a license between December 28, 2012 and June 29, 2017
The amount of money any one class member will receive at this time is not known and will depend on the total number of streams of all class members’ claimed musical works.
www.SpotifyPublishingSettlement.com Lawsuit Notes
- Spotify denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle in order to avoid the unknown cost of litigation
- The lawsuit is entitled Ferrick V. Spotify US Inc and listed as case number 1:16-cv-8412 (AJN)
- The Spotify Publishing Class Action Lawsuit is pending in the United States District Court For The Southern District of New York
- Class members claim Spotify was in violation of copyright infringement in violation of 17 U.S.C. §§ 101 et seq.
- Claim forms are available online
Spotify Publishing Class Action Settlement Contact Info
- Mail: Ferrick v. Spotify, c/o GCG, PO Box 10371, Dublin, Ohio 43017-5571
- Email: info@SpotifyPublishingSettlement.com
- Phone: 1 (855) 474-3853