- Obtain all the gritty details in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Andrew Orlander v. Staples Inc., which is under review in the Southern District Court for the Southern District of New York
- The case is listed as case number 1:13-cv-00703-NRB
- All claim forms are due by 2/26/18
StaplesSettlement.com is administered by Epiq Systems Inc. Class members in the case claim that Staples Inc. misrepresented the terms and conditions of some of its Extended Services Plans. Staples Inc. has denied any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settlement terms in order to avoid th unknown cost of a trial with an unknown outcome. Class members in StaplesSettlement.com are defined as anyone who purchased an extended Services Plan from Staples in New York between Feb. 1, 2010 and Aug. 31, 2013.
Plaintiff Andrew Orlander originally filed Andrew Orlander v. Staples Inc., back in 2013 and claims that Staples Inc. failed to adequately disclose that its Extended Services Plans required to use any coverage available under the manufacturer’s warranty before obtaining coverage under the Extended Services Plan.
- The settlement was OK’d on 9/14/17
- A settlement fairnes shearing will take place on or around 12/13/17 in order to determine if the proposed settlement is fair to class members
- Staples Settlement class members do not have to attend the hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie
- Speaking of settlement, the settlement in the case will be nearly $4 million US Dollars
- All class members who file timely claims will be represented by the law firm of GARDY & NOTIS LLP
- Staples has hired the law firm of THOMPSON HINE LLP
- Proof of purchase is not required when filing a claim but class members will be ask to list purchase details on the claim form
StaplesSettlement.com Contact Information
- Mail: Staples ESP Settlement Administrator, c/o Epiq Systems Inc., P.O. Box 2876, Portland, OR 97208-2876
- Phone: 1-888-457-2203
- Email: info@StaplesSettlement.com