Torczynerv Staples Settlement
- Obtain more information in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Torczyner v. Staples Inc
- The deadline to file a claim is listed as 7/24/2017
- This is case number 3:16-cv-02965-JM-JLB
The Torczynerv Staples Settlement includes Staples reward members who between 3/24/09 to 4/25/17 purchased a Rewards-eligible product and a non-Rewards-eligible product in the same transaction, used an item-specific coupon on the product that was not eligible for Rewards and you were negatively affected by Staples’ coupon accounting method. The led plaintiff Mr. Neil Torczyner file this lawsuit in the winter of 2016 when he realized the Staples reward program was ripping him of. This class action lawsuit states that the Staples Rewards rewards practice was “an egregious misleading and deceptive practice designed to take advantage of its Members.”. Staples denied vehemently any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle at the advice of their counsel. Class members who file claims will receive a $10 reward which can be used at any Staples location in the United States. Questions about the lawsuit can be directed to Admin@TorczynervStaplesSettlement.com or by mail: Torczyner v. Staples Inc. Settlement Administrator c/o Kurtzman Carson Consultants (KCC) P.O. Box 43484 Providence, RI 02940-3484.
TorczynervStaplesSettlement.com Class Action Notes
- The Staples class action settlement was preliminarily approved on April 25, 2017
- The lawsuit is pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Receipts are not needed but the Settlement Administrator has asked Class Members to retain any supporting receipts
Class members do not have to hire a lawyer as they will be automatically represented by Frank R. Schirripa fromHACH ROSE SCHIRRIPA & CHEVERIE LLP. Staples has called upon the services of Michelle C. Doolin from Cooley LLP. A loathsome fairness hearing will take place on or around 8.28.17 but class members can sleep easy knowing they do not have to attend this hearing in order to claim their 10 dollar reward.