Walmart’s Saving Catcher
- If a local competitor offers a lower advertised price on an item purchased at Wal-Mart, Walmart give the difference in price back to the customer via a Walmart Rewards eGift Card or a Bluebird by American Express Card
- Amounts credited to the above name card can only be used to make purchases at Walmart or Walmart.com
- Questions about the Savings Catcher program can be directed to 1 (800) 925-6278
There is no minimum purchase requirement associated with the Walmart Savings Catchers program and customers can submit up to 7 receipts per week. The Savings Catcher program can also be accessed via smart phone by downloading the Walmart app online. The program will use localized retailers and compare their print and digital weekly ads to Wal-Mart. The ads must be valid at the time you made your Walmart purchase and include a specific item price.
How does the Walmart’s Saving Catcher program work? (short version)
- Submit a Savings Catcher receipts
- Savings Catcher will compare the item(s) listed on the Walmart receipt with the advertised prices found in the print and online versions of the retailer in question
- If the Catcher finds the advertise price of the product at the local retailer is less than the price of the purchase at Walmart then the customer will get back the difference in the form of Savings Catcher Reward Dollars
- The Savings Catcher Reward Dollars will be credited to the members Bluebird by American Express Card or will be rewarded in the form of a Wal-Mart Rewards eGift Card.
So for example what if Mr. Smith buys a sprinkler from Walmart for $20 but the Mom and Pops general store down the street is advertising the same sprinkler for $15? All Mr. Smith has to do is access the Walmart Saving Catcher program and he will receive a $5 credit to Walmart. Please note that the Savings Catcher program applies to in store purchases only.
Promotions not included in the program?
- Items that require a separate purchase to get the advertised price
- Items with no actual price such as a buy one get one offer
- Gift card purchases
- Competitors close out or going out of business promotions
- % off promotions
Walmart will be working with a independent third-party to collect weekly print and online circulars so customers can have faith that the information provided by the program is accurate. When using the Savings Catcher program please allow up to 72 hours to verify the savings. If the purchases takes more than 72 hours or the member disagrees with the decision made please utilize the Contact Us” button in the Savings Catcher.
- Domain: www.walmart.com/savingscatcher
- Operated by: Walmart
- Designed for: Coupon junkies and poor people