WV Water Claims
- Obtain more details about the West Virginia Water Contamination Settlement which is under review in the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Federal Judge John T. Copenhaver, Jr. has preliminary approved a settlement in Good vs. American Water
- Claims can start too be submitted online on October 11, 2017
WVWaterClaims.com provides loads of information in regards to Good vs. American Water as well as the claim form. Those who were a resident of a residence that were provided tap water service from West Virginia American Water’s Kanawha Valley Water Treatment Plant (“KVTP”) on January 9, 2014 will want to file a claim in this case. Businesses who operated a property that received West Virginia American Water’s KVTP service on January 9, 2014 will want to file a claim. Workers who can show that they lost wages due to the spill will want to file a claim (workers who submit a claim will want to attached supporting documents testifying to the fact that they lost wages due top the spill).
Any questions in regards to the WV Water Claims settlement can be directed to (855) 829-8121. Most class members will just want to apply for the simple claim form option which will provide set amount payments – without the need to submit documentation of actual losses.
Please note Co-Defendant Eastman Chemical Company agreed to pay up to $25 million in regards to the incident.
WVWaterClaims.com Important Dates?
- July 6, 2017: Judge Copenhaver filed a motion for preliminary approval BUT asked the parties to consider some modifications and re-submit the proposed settlement
- October 11, 2017: Claims can start be filed online and by mail
- September 21, 2017: The Judge approved a $151,000,000 settlement fund pending approval
- January 9, 2014: Date of the spill
www.WVWaterClaims.com Payout Amounts?
- Households: $550 + $180 per additional resident
- Shutdown Business Claims – $1875 plus 4% of annual revenue up to $41,875
- Lodging Business Claims – $5000 to $64,000 based on annual revenue.
- Other Businesses – $1,875